Our most important energy source is light, and the entire spectrum of colours is derived from light. Sunlight, which contains all the wavelengths, consists of the entire electromagnetic spectrum that we depend on to exist on this planet.
Light flows through our eyes and triggers hormone production, which influences our entire complex biochemical system. This biochemical system then affects our being. And light does not travel alone. Light travels with other energies.
We know that each colour found in the visible light spectrum has its own wavelength and its own frequency, which produces a specific energy and has a nutritive effect. We know some rays can be dangerous if we are exposed to them. But the visible light, the rainbow, has a soothing effect on us.
Individual Colour Energy meanings
RED – VITALITY, COURAGE, SELF CONFIDENCE
• Use when you need to meet a demanding day, or when you feel drained of energy. The colour red provides the power from the earth and gives energy on all levels. It connects us to our physical body. Everything that is to be commenced needs the life vitality of red.
• Personality Traits: Courageous, confident, humanistic, strong-willed, spontaneous, honest, and extroverted.
• The Root Chakra is governed by the red energy.
ORANGE – HAPPINESS, CONFIDENCE, RESOURCEFULNESS
• Brings joy to our workday and strengthens our appetite for life! Orange is the best emotional stimulant. It connects us to our senses and helps to remove inhibitions and makes us independent and social.
• Personality Traits: Enthusiastic, happy, sociable, energetic, sporty, self-assured, and constructive.
• The Spleen Chakra is governed by the orange energy
YELLOW – WISDOM, CLARITY, SELF-ESTEEM
• Gives us clarity of thought, increases awareness, and stimulates interest and curiosity. Yellow energy is related to the ability to perceive and understand. The yellow energy connects us to our mental self.
• Personality Traits: Good-humoured, optimistic, confident, practical, and intellectual.
• The Solar Plexus Chakra is governed by the yellow energy.
GREEN – BALANCE, LOVE, SELF CONTROL
• Helps relax muscles, nerves, and thoughts. Cleanses and balances our energy, to give a feeling of renewal, peace and harmony. Green connects us to unconditional love and is used for balancing our whole being.
• Personality Traits: Understanding, self-controlled, adaptable, sympathetic, compassionate, generous, humble, nature loving, and romantic.
• The Heart Chakra is governed by the green energy.
BLUE – KNOWLEDGE, HEALTH, DECISIVENESS
• This is a mentally-relaxing colour. Blue has a pacifying effect on the nervous system and brings great relaxation. Ideal for sleep problems, and hyper-active children. Connects us to holistic thought, and gives us wisdom and clarity enhancing communication and speech.
• Personality Traits: Loyal, tactful, affectionate, inspiring, inventive, caring, and cautious.
• The Throat Chakra is governed by the blue energ
INDIGO – NTUITION, MYSTICISM, UNDERSTANDING
• The indigo energy connects us to our unconscious self, and gives us the experience of being part of the whole universe. Strengthens intuition, imagination, psychic powers, and increases dream activity.
• Personality Traits: Intuitive, fearless, practical, idealistic, wise, and a truth seeker.
• The Brow Chakra is governed by the indigo energy.
VIOLET – BEAUTY, CREATIVITY, INSPIRATION
• Purifies our thoughts and feelings giving us inspiration in all undertakings. The violet energy connects us to our spiritual self bringing guidance, wisdom and inner strength. Enhances artistic talent and creativity.
• Personality Traits: Inspirational leaders, kindly and just, humanitarians, self-sacrifing, visionary, creative, and strong mentally.
• The Crown Chakra is governed by the violet energy.