Alternate Breathing (Lome-Vilome Pranayama)
This is the only pranayama you can perform the whole year round. In Winter start from the right nostril and in Summer start from the left nostril.
- Stand erect or sit in any comfortable posture with your spine erect.
(Sukhasana, Siddasana or Padmasana)
- Adopt mrigi mudra. (join middle two fingers and thumb).
- Inhale from the left nostril.
- Exhale from the right nostril.
- Inhale from the right nostril.
- Exhale from the left nostril.
This is one cycle. Do at least 3 cycles. This will make both sides of the brain, the left side which is responsible for logical thinking and the right side which is responsible for creative thinking to function properly. This will lead to a balance between a person’s creative and logical thinking. The Yogis consider this to be the best technique to calm the mind and the Nervous System.