Chair pose, is a posture worth including in your yoga practice for building lower body strength and sexual virility. This terrific exercise is part of many different types of yoga, such as Hatha yoga and Kundalini Yoga, and is also a pose used by western physiotherapy when leg muscles need to be strengthened.
Utkatasana Chair Pose Practice Details:
Step-by-Step Instructions for Utkatasana Chair Pose:
- Stand and place your feet shoulder width apart, with toes pointing outward.
- Lean forward till your back in parallel to the ground.
- Reach down and grasp your ankles, such that the elbows are passing from the inside of your knees.
- Keep your head up and begin Breath of Fire Breathing Exercise.
Practice Tips for Utkatasana Chair Pose:
- Use the modified versions illustrated above.
- Take a break, if the legs start to burn too much and then restart the exercise again once ready.
- Be careful with your knees and only go as far down as comfortable, regardless of whether you are doing the modified posture or the full pose.
- If Breath of Fire is too much, then switch to long deep breathing or normal breathing which continuing to hold the pose.
- You can also do the modified version of chair pose by standing against a wall and working your way lower as your legs get stronger. This is the technique used in physiotherapy in general.
Duration for Utkatasana Chair Pose:
- 15 Seconds – 3 minutes.
- Start slowly and build up your time steadily from there.
Benefits of Utkatasana Chair Pose:
- Excellent yoga posture for toning your thighs and buttocks.
- Improves sexual health and builds sexual virility and vitality.
- Helps the body burn fat to promote healthy weight loss.